Thursday, December 30, 2010

JOB CLICHES

I saw this top ten list of most overused buzzwords from LinkedIn profiles and wondered if I could make a personal job history using all of them. The list was compiled by Manu Sharma at Linkedin. I didn't check but I wonder how many of these buzzwords are in his profile. Manu compiled this list as an end of year Linkedin posting for the buzzwords of 2010.

Did you use one of these 10 most overused buzzwords in your LinkedIn profile this year?

  1. Extensive experience
  2. Innovative
  3. Motivated
  4. Results-oriented
  5. Dynamic
  6. Proven track record
  7. Team player
  8. Fast-paced
  9. Problem solver
  10. Entrepreneurial
My own buzzword-infested profile could look like this.

I am a Results-Oriented (4) team player (7) with extensive experience (1) and proven track record (6) as an innovative (2) problem solver (9) within entrepreneurial (10), fast-paced (8), dynamic (5) environments where motivated (3) groups delivered superior value-added enterprise solutions.

Should I post this to my LinkedIn profile?

No comments:

Post a Comment